Herbal medicine and nutrition.
Herbal medicine is often utilised in chronic conditions and can sometimes be combined with conventional medicines prescribed by your veterinarian. Animal nutrition is about utilizing good food to fight disease, and ensuring we are providing your pet with the best quality food for his/her ongoing good health. We stock a range of natural supplements, organic and natural diets, natural shampoos and flea treatments for your pets.
Where conventional medicine focuses on the disease or condition, and on drugs to reduce the symptoms, holistic healthcare looks at the whole animal and all the factors that can affect your pet’s health such as genetics, nutrition, family relationships, hygiene, and stress factors.
We work with veterinarians to combine conventional treatment with a complimentary approach in order to provide the individual animal with the least toxic, least invasive, most nurturing, and least harmful path to healing.
Our complimentary pet therapies include Reconnective healing, herbal remedies and natural supplements, advice on good nutrition, natural healthy diets for dogs and cats, Canine Myofunctional Massage Therapy, Photonic Therapy (pet acupuncture), dog behavioural therapy and a rehabilitation service in consultation with veterinarians.
The first consultation with new clients is one hour and costs $95.
Common dog and cat problems and ailments we treat
- Cancer support and treatment.
- Allergies and respiratory system such as asthma, bronchitis, cough.
- Digestive health problems including bad breath, constipation, motion sickness, irritable bowel syndrome or disease.
- Ear, eyes, nose and throat problems such as eye redness, conjunctivitis, ear infections, fly bitten ears, rhinitis.
- Muscular skeletal system issues such as arthritis, bursitis, cruciate ligament, sprain/strain, tendonitis.
- Nervous system problems including stress, anxiety, depression, epilepsy, fear, motion sickness.
- Skin problems caused by allergies, dermatitis, eczema, dry skin/coat, fleas, smelly dog or cat, oily hair.
- Urinary system issues like cystitis, incontinence, kidney stones.
- Performance problems for example energy and stamina, general health/daily maintenance.
Pet Naturopath Australia. Cat and Dog Natural Remedies.
Healthy Pets Naturally, located on the NSW South Coast, was established by Patty Walcott in 2010. Patty, a pet naturopath, specialises in treating cats and dogs with natural remedies and is a recognised practitioner in NSW of the Small Animal and Equine Natural Therapy Association.
Patty’s unique background in the pharmaceutical industry, coupled with her qualifications as a biochemist, Reconnective healer and small animal naturopath, means that pet owners can receive the care of their vet for acute conditions along with Patty’s guidance regarding alternative pet remedies to achieve a healthy, balanced natural diet, herbs and homeopathy for all conditions. Natural pet treatments also cover physical therapies for rehabilitative care such as cat and dog massage (Equissage & CMT), underwater dog treadmill, Photonic Therapy (acupuncture), and animal reconnective healing.
In 2021, Patty closed her clinic on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and moved to Frogs Hollow on the Sapphire Coast (South Coast, NSW).